So it’s December, the Silly Season! Which means… More Social Events, More Food, More alcohol and less motivation and time for your health and fitness goals.
Whilst it’s important to be able to relax, have balance and indulge a little bit around this time of year, don’t go overboard and spend the first 3 months of 2017 trying to lose 4 weeks worth of fun!
I have put together 10 Tips/ Tricks on Surviving the Festive Season without gaining too much pudding
- Stay Hydrated! (I mean with water!!) Aim for 2-3 Litres of water a day, on top of your drink of choice
- Invest in Probiotics! Good for gut health and digestion, these babies will keep everything working; even if your fibre intake isn’t as good as usual.
- Do one or the other! Pick naughty food OR alcohol consumption for each event. Doing both at once is going to set you back twice as much.
- Try to keep moving! Even if it’s just a walk around the block. You don’t have to smash it at the gym, but just try to stay active so your body doesn’t completely lose the fitness you had before December.
- With some extra time up your sleave think about some new goals for the year. Maybe you could think about Introducing breakfast? Or Signing up for a fun run, to keep you training?
- Pick the bread basket OR dessert. Choosing one instead of both is going to keep things a little more balanced.
- Bring a fruit platter! Bringing a healthier option, is going to give you a better option to choose from at dessert. Also, I notice when I bring a fruit platter, there’s never leftovers!
- Mix your own alcohol! Save on calories by making drinks with low sugar cool drink instead of having premixed drinks.
- Decide on a day you are going to aim to get back on the wagon. Don’t take 3 months to get back into good food and working out.
- Most Importantly, Relax and Enjoy! Stress and lack of sleep is renowned for hindering health and fitness goals. Use your holidays to destress and catch up on Sleep!
If you have tips of your own, then please comment below or comment on our Latest Broadshorts Instagram Photo.
Follow us on
Facebook: Broadshorts Personal Training
to keep up to date with our food, workout and Outdoor Training Dates.
Enjoy the Last week of November!