What food should you buy to eat healthy but not boring? Read this to find out! I have spent the last few months food prepping great food and both D’Arcy and I have become leaner. But not once have we eaten plain chicken breast and broccoli (not that there’s anything wrong with that, but it can get boring if that’s the only thing you eat all the time)
Grocery Shopping and buying the right foods for the week is vital to keep me on track and consistent for achieving my health and fitness goals. The following foods are the foods that are regularly purchased for the week:
-Lean Beef Mince
-Crumbed Chicken or Chicken Breast
-Kale Coleslaw mix
-Mixed frozen veggies (they keep for AGES! And are the cheaper option usually)
-Frozen Mixed Berries
-Chobani Greek Yoghurt
These are the foods that find themselves in my shopping basket most of the time. Of course occasionally there’s some chocolate because let’s face it, life without chocolate is horrible. But 80% healthy 20% chocolate is where it’s at.
Meal Ideas and Snack Ideas Using the Shopping List:
- Porridge, With Fruit, Greek Yoghurt and Nuts
- 2x Rice Cakes with small amount Peanut Butter and a Drizzle of Honey (Snack)
- Curried Mince/Veg
Cook Mince with Onion (chopped finely) with a teaspoon of both garlic and curry powder
Once meat and onion are browned add in a packet of frozen veggies and a tin of tomatoes and some water. Once the liquid has been simmered down and the veggies are cooked through, take pan off the heat and put in a container to cool.
- Taco Mince and Salad: Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion, Capsicum, Roast Pumpkin & Sprinkle of Grated Cheese (Featured Image)
- Chicken and Kale Slaw: Cook chicken either Pan Fry or roast in the oven, I usually chop into Pieces on top of salad
- Chicken Stir-fry: Dice chicken up and cook in a fry pan with garlic and curry powder, cook chicken until browned, add in your choice of chopped up veggies. I usually add in some soy sauce and prepare a small amount of rice noodles to mix through. Top with nuts.
- Greek Yoghurt, Fruit and Oats Sprinkled on top
- Smoothie: ½ Banana, Frozen Berries (1/2 Cup), Handful Spinach, Greek Yoghurt (Couple of dollops), Water (Depending on desired thickness)
- Steak, Cauliflower, Broccoli and Sweet Mashed Potato
- Sheppard’s Pie Make Curry as mentioned above, put in a baking tray, top with sweet mashed potato, sprinkle cheese on top, cook on 200 Degrees until cheese is melted
- Piece of fruit (snack)
- Handful of nuts (Snack)